Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Plantain & Rice Flour Steamed Cake

 Ettekka Puttu

puttu



 Ingredients:-

 • Ripe plantain / ettekka - 1 or 2

 • Rice flour- 2 cup

 • Coconut (grated ) - 1/2 cup

 • Cumin powder - a pinch

 • Cardamom powder - a pinch

 • Water - as required 

 • Salt to taste

 Preparation :-

 1. Cut the ripe plantain into round pieces and keep it aside.

 2.  In a mixing bowl, mix rice flour, cardamom powder, cumin powder and salt.

 3.  Sprinkle some water over the flour and mix it well.

 4.  Continue this process till the flour becomes wet. Do not add too much water. Consistency should be like, you can make lumps from the four but can easily break.

 5.  Add some grated coconut into the prepared flour and mix it well.

 For preparing puttu, put a small layer of grated coconut into the round puttu maker  followed by the plantain and rice flour & finally a layer of grated coconut and continue this till it reach the top of puttu maker..

 Steam it fo 5 to 8 minutes or until the steam passes from the top of the puttu maker.

 Serve it hot with pappadam ...

ettakka_puttu

Linking to Mireille’s Plantain event.


8 comments:

  1. looks delicious.....this is new for me....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice recipe! Adding of plantain looks new to me.
    I too have a blog with the same name Recipe world! Visit my space in your free time :)

    Cheers!
    Vani

    Join My Event: Love Lock With Juices & Milkshakes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sarika, thanks for your lovely comments at my space..happy to follow u as well :)

      Delete
  3. sounds new to me.. well presented..

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so new to me. well presented as well. Do drop in when you find time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. what an interesting recipe - thanks for linking to my event

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by,and sharing your nice feedback. Appreciated. Please do stop-by on my other posts....