• Kohlrabi / knoolkhol - 4
• Onion - 2 ( big )
• Green chilli - 3
• Tomato - 1
• Garlic - 3 cloves
• Ginger - a small piece
• Red chilli powder - 2 tsp
• Turmeric powder- 1/4 tsp
• Garam Masala- 1 tsp
• Tamarind paste - soaked water of a gooseberry size tamarind
• Mustard seeds - 1/2 tsp
• Dry red chilli - 2 or 3
• Urad dal - 1/2 tsp
• Salt to taste
|kohlrabi / knoolkhol|
1. Heat oil in a pressure cooker, add mustard seeds. When it pops , add urad dal and & fry it for few seconds.
2. Add ginger and garlic and saute it for few seconds.
3.. Add chopped onions and cook till translucent.
4. Add chopped green chilli, tomato and mix well.
5. Add chopped kohlrebies and fry for few minutes .
6. Add chilli powder, turmeric powder, garam masala, salt and tamarind paste .
7. Pour enough water till kholrabies are well covered and pressure cook it for atleast 3 whistles or until kholrabies becomes soft and gravy becomes thick.
8. For seasoning, heat oil in a pan , add mustard seeds. When it pops , add urad dal and red chilli & fry it for few seconds and pour this seasoning over the curry ( optional )
Healthy kholrabies curry is now ready to serve .. Serve it hot with paratha / dosa / plain rice....